We are looking for a strong PLC Programmer who is eager to shape the world around them. You will immediately make a lasting impact on our one-of a-kind projects.
This position will be primarily responsible for programming Rockwell automation and control systems involving PLCs and HMIs. Contribute to multiple aspects of projects including controls design, planning, document, purchase, integration, training, and commissioning work of electrical control systems. Provide the direction, technical expertise, and effective communication to the project team. Utilize strong analytical skills to resolve complex technical challenges. Self-directed and outcome-oriented in achieving ambitious project goals.
- Plan and develop PLC and HMI software for control systems, including comprehensive design documentation, integration, testing and commissioning of the software.
- Contribute to concept and engineering design development of electrical control systems.
- Actively participate in scheduled design reviews with contractors, architects, engineering consultants, and other project team members and provide project status updates as required for Project Review and other company meetings.
- Develop, supervise, and review prototype testing and debugging of control systems of new assemblies/structures.
- Visit manufacturing/vendor sites to inspect and test components before shipping to jobsite.
- Interface with field personnel and purchasing to determine and obtain required components.
- Stay current on advance technology in software development.
- Provide technical expertise to support Uni-Systems Engineering Inc.’s Sales and Marketing efforts.
- Authorized to work in the United States
- B.S. Degree from an ABET accredited institution in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering preferred or equivalent programming skills.
- 3+ years’ applicable experience.
- Extensive experience with Rockwell (RSLogix 5000) PLC and HMI programing.
- Experience creating software design documentation.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Experience with Visual Basic, C, or other scripting languages.
- Knowledge of computer architecture, networking, databases, and operating systems.
- Knowledge of industrial automation and electrical control systems.
- Must be able to read electrical diagrams, and have basic knowledge of the NEC.
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional Rockwell (RSLogix 5000) programing skills.
- Ability to manage time and follow scheduled completion targets for projects.
- Skillful at solving electrical design problems involving motor control and automation, automation design, programming, and related activities.
- Basic electrician abilities.
- Ability to work successfully within a team, cross-functionally and independently.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written.
- Travel, domestic and foreign, during installation and commissioning of projects.
Benefits of Employment
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for growth
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- HSA and FSA options
- Life insurance
- ST and LT Disability insurance
- 401K plan with above market company matching
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan
- Company Holidays
We publish a minimum salary instead of a range because we believe the candidate’s qualifications as well as the job requirements will determine their salary offer.
About Uni-Systems Engineering
Uni-Systems Engineering is a single source provider of custom mechanization for iconic structures and attractions that deliver impressive experiences for our customers and the general public. We partner with engineers, architects, and construction managers to mitigate risk and deliver functionally integrated, reliable showpieces. Our team of mechanical, structural, and electrical engineers specializes in providing custom, project-specific solutions to complex and unprecedented engineering challenges. We work in a wide range of industries including Stadiums and Ballparks, Telescope Observatories, Amusement and Entertainment, Aerospace, Manufacturing, and Residential. Please see our website (www.uni-engineer.com) for more project information.